We help investors make smarter decisions.
We help private equity firms make better investment decisions at every stage of the deal life cycle and build greater returns through active management of portfolio companies. We also advise on investment firm strategy and development, creating value through improved performance.
Our work is driven by the collaboration of partners, advisors, and specialists with a deep understanding of private equity and the intricacies of the investment lifecycle. Our strengths is in our unmatched access, contacts and connections, our scale and scope bring unparalleled insights across industries, geographies, and functional areas, allowing us to offer a fundamentally different approach to private equity consulting.
Our main areas of focus are:
- Investment screening.Our work with clients in pre-diligence investment screening is varied and tailored to their specific needs. We help identify and qualify investment opportunities by leveraging a systematic process to screen and reveal potential targets and provide proactive, investable insights and thematic ideas. We also offer in-depth, customized workshops and access to proprietary research and data.
- Due diligence.Our approach to due diligence is flexible and analytics-driven, incorporating extensive proprietary knowledge and deep industry experience. We help clients evaluate the outlook and opportunities with investment targets across all sectors, drawing on the knowledge of our partners, each with specific business expertise. Our flexible model allows for a wide range of potential configurations, from targeted analysis to fully-integrated due diligence.
- Portfolio development.We help clients develop and execute aggressive, targeted plans of action for the first 100 days post-closing to capture near-term opportunities and ensure the success of their investment. Beyond the first 100 days, our support is focused on near-medium term improvement models, developed with an exit strategy in mind, and aimed at transforming the functional performance of portfolio companies in high-impact areas. Portfolio projects are customized, with scale and timing driven by client need. Our services range from rapid assessments of portfolio company business functions to comprehensive turnaround of performance, redesigning processes, operations, and products from the ground up.
- Exit support.We help company owners to prepare for a maximum-value exit using a three-phase support model that covers planning, preparation, and execution for auctions and initial public offerings. We work with clients to develop and communicate clear and coherent business plans and offer seven core support modules, including sell-side documentation for bidders and financers.
- Firm strategy and development.Combining deep insights on global macroeconomic trends with proprietary research on market trends, we help clients make strategic choices to increase fund and firm performance, including how to establish competitive positioning, how to adapt investment processes, how to settle on an investment strategy, and how to evolve their governance structure. We also provide support for operational improvement, including risk management and business support functions.
- Zorbital Implementation.Our clients have access to Zorbital Implementation services, specialist teams that are available to work side-by-side with portfolio companies, offering tailored support to help accelerate the execution of recommendations and improvement plans. McKinsey Implementation teams work across industries and geographies on a wide variety of projects, helping companies achieve rapid, significant, and measureable bottom-line results.
We serve institutional investors around the world on multiple fronts, including corporate strategy and governance, investment strategy and value creation, due diligence and portfolio work, improving and establishing support functions, and organizational change management.
Overseeing massive funds with complex structures, institutional investors must execute successful investment strategies while simultaneously engaging with the public whose interests they represent. Our leadership team, dedicated industry experts, and senior advisors understand the unique challenges that institutional investors face and work together to develop innovative solutions and help create lasting impact.